- A special SCHISM Summit & training workshop for developers/advanced users will be held in
April 2019 at California Dept of Water Resources. Agenda here.
We have participants from 10 countries represented. Group photo.
Links to videos can be found from the Forum site.
- Joseph Z. gave a training course at on April 18-20, 2018 at Univ. of Oldenburg (Germany).
- Joseph Z. gave an open course on seamless cross-scale modeling with SCHISM at Second Institute of
Oceanography, Hangzhou, China from Dec 4-7, 2017. About 70 participants attended. Group photo here.
You can also download
- An interactive platform (OPENCoastS) to generate on-demand forecasts based on SCHISM is under development at LNEC (Portugal), funded by
the EOSC-HUB project.
- SCHISM selected as a potential core model suite that could be applied by a future European Research
Infrastructure called Danubius-RI - The International Centre for Advanced Studies on River-Sea Systems.
- SCHISM developers meeting was held online on Sept 13-14, 2016.
- An on-site user training course was conducted at VIMS on May 9-10, 2016.
- In-person user training course was conducted at California Department of Water Resources in Jan 2015;
see here for more info.
- On-site user training course was conducted at VIMS on August 12-14, 2013.
- The original SELFE paper is the 4th most cited papers on Ocean Modelling
- SELFE/SCHISM developer, Joseph Zhang, moved to Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS), College of William and Mary in August 2012
- An online tutorial
on SELFE/SCHISM and ACE tool in May 2012, given by Joseph Zhang