- Joseph Z. gave a training course at on April 18-20, 2018 at Univ. of Oldenburg (Germany).
- Joseph Z. gave an open course on seamless cross-scale modeling with SCHISM at Second Institute of
Oceanography, Hangzhou, China from Dec 4-7, 2017. About 70 participants attended. Group photo here.
You can also download
- An interactive platform (OPENCoastS) to generate on-demand forecasts based on SCHISM is under development at LNEC (Portugal), funded by
the EOSC-HUB project.
- SCHISM selected as a potential core model suite that could be applied by a future European Research
Infrastructure called Danubius-RI - The International Centre for Advanced Studies on River-Sea Systems.
- SCHISM developers meeting was held online on Sept 13-14, 2016.
- An on-site user training course was conducted at VIMS on May 9-10, 2016.
- In-person user training course was conducted at California Department of Water Resources in Jan 2015;
see here for more info.
- On-site user training course was conducted at VIMS on August 12-14, 2013.
- The original SELFE paper is the 4th most cited papers on Ocean Modelling
- SELFE/SCHISM developer, Joseph Zhang, moved to Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS), College of William and Mary in August 2012
- An online tutorial
on SELFE/SCHISM and ACE tool in May 2012, given by Joseph Zhang